There are so many must-haves or nice-to-haves when you start with RVing, that it can get pretty pricey.
As you definitely don’t need everything that people are suggesting (it all depends on your own preference) you really don’t want to miss out on these 3 items that will make your life so much more comfortable while on the road.
Check through this short list and let me know what is your absolute must-have in your RV for being comfortable:
Top 3 essentials you need in the RV for comfort
1 A comfortable bed
Bedding and Linens: A comfortable and cozy bed with clean bedding and linens is a must-have for a good night’s sleep. You can opt for a memory foam mattress or a camping cot, depending on your preferences. It is also essential to have enough pillows, blankets, and sheets for your entire stay, whether you go camping in summer or in winter.
- Cushioned Firm support with Fiber Quilted Cover, Comfort Foam, and heavy duty Coil Springs
- Infused with Green Tea extract and Castor Natural Seed Oil to naturally retard
- Foam is CertiPUR-US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- This mattress is efficiently compressed, rolled, and shipped in a box conveniently to your door. Easy to bring into the RV. Unroll it on top of the bed and let it sit for 24 hours before usage.
And of course, a warm comforter makes you feel so cozy.
Don’t forget a comfortable pillow and you wake up relaxed and in a good mood.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. When you click these links I may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything, but it helps me to run this site. I only promote products and services that I think are great and helpful. Also, read my disclosure policy.
2 Kitchen Essentials
Here are the top 2 of the Top 3 essentials you need in the RV for comfort
Kitchen Essentials: Since you’re likely to be cooking and eating in your RV, you need to have all the necessary kitchen supplies to make meals. These include pots and pans, utensils, plates, glasses, a coffee maker, a toaster, and a small refrigerator.
Make sure you get plastic dishes and gadgets that are lightweight.
If you like to make easy and fast meals, because you want to enjoy the outdoors, we just love our Blackstone griddle. We cook almost everything on the Blackstone. Easy to clean up and the smell of grease and fat stays outside.
- GRIDDLE ON THE GO with Blackstone stainless steel griddle. Whether you are entertaining the guests in the backyard or want to fulfill your years-long dream of breakfast-in-the-woods, this outdoor griddle offers a convenient way to cook a delicious spread when enjoying nature.
- HASSLE-FREE CLEANUP: When you are done cooking, simply wipe the surface with a paper towel, empty the built-in grease catcher and that’s it! The tabletop griddle saves on cleaning time so you can enjoy the outdoors and the fun time.
3 Climate Control
And of course Climate Control: Maintaining a comfortable temperature inside your RV is essential. If you’re traveling in hot weather, having a reliable air conditioning unit is essential.
- This compact air conditioner will keep you cool and comfortable all summer. An adjustable fan speed cools the air to 65°F at the coolest setting. Sleep mode makes it extra quiet while you rest. Castors for easy mobility.
- This floor-standing portable AC unit provides steady, fast, effective cooling for rooms up to 150 sq. ft.
- Just wheel this portable air conditioner into any room with a window. Attach the included hose and window adapter, and plug them into an outlet!
- The simple remote control and top-mounted LED display with a 24-hour timer allow you to precisely control the air temperature. To clean the filter, just slide it out twice a month, rinse it thoroughly under running water, and put it back.
- Combines 3 energy-efficient functions for all of your cooling and ventilation needs with cool, fan, and dehumidifying modes all in one machine. Bucketless, the self-evaporating operation makes your living space cool, clean, and dry.
- G-Ocean oil-filled radiator heater heats up to 300 square feet. Quickly create large areas of warmth and comfort to share with your family in cold weather.
- This Oil heater is equipped with an easy-to-read LED display that allows all functions to be operated at the touch of a button. This energy-saving radiator heater personalizes your warmth and saves more on your energy bills with 3 heating modes.
- Forget those noisy space heaters that stop you from getting a good night’s sleep. There is also no fan noise or other annoying sounds to disturb your sleep.
Additionally, having proper insulation and ventilation can help regulate the temperature inside your RV. Covering your windows with heavy curtains also adds to the insulation. If you are thinking of taking the valances down and adding curtains, here is how to do it. How to add curtains in an RV
Are you looking for more must-haves? Here are the 50+ must-haves and nice-to-haves
Summary of Top 3 Essentials You Need in the RV for Comfort
Going camping is of course not always as comfortable as staying in a hotel or resort, but if you have the absolute essentials you will be comfortable also.
I love to go on road trips with my travel trailer because I love to bring my dog and be out in nature. Therefore I enjoy having a minimum of stuff and not being distracted by lots of cleaning and storage issues.
If you have the essentials for a good night’s sleep, good food, and perfect climate control – what else do you need?
Want to remember this article “Top 3 essentials you need in the RV for comfort”? Just pin this image to your favorite Pinterest board: