Peel-and-stick wallpapers for RVs – if you are looking for a simple and fast RV renovation tip use the recommended 22 best peel-and-stick wallpapers for RVs.
You love looking at updated RVs but you don’t like to paint?
You are looking for a fast and easy way to add a little color and texture to your Camper?
Here is an easy solution for you:
A fast way to add more color and texture to your RV is to use peel-and-stick wallpaper. You can add it as a backsplash, use it to cover the glass inserts in your cabinets, or cover a whole wall easily. It is also cheap because Camper walls are not big and one roll of wallpaper goes a long way.
It is that simple.
This is definitely the easiest and most effective way to add an accent wall in your Camper without the mess of painting. Also, if you choose to add the wallpaper on a wall without a window (meaning without needing to make cutouts), you can finish this project in not even an hour or less.
Just be sure to pick an easy-to-use wallpaper with a simple pattern because walls in RVs are not straight.
Therefore using geometrical wallpaper on a large wall with lots of cutouts, makes it challenging.
The best 22 wallpapers to use in an RV have no, or very little pattern repeat, which makes it super easy to apply.
RV Renovation – 22 best peel-and-stick wallpapers for RVs
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. When you click these links I may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything, but it helps me to run this site. I only promote products and services that I think are great and helpful. Also, read my disclosure policy.
Here are my top 20 peel-and-stick wallpaper choices that are easy to apply in an RV and look pretty awesome. Also if you have an RV vinyl wall covering it might be hard to paint with interior paint. Then add a peel-and-stick wallpaper and you are done.
Peel and stick wallpapers for RVs – Geometrical patterns for really small spaces
If you only want to add one panel of wallpaper, or you are looking to add a small accent wall in a bathroom or in the bunk rooms, the following patterns work very well too.
Although these wallpapers have a geometrical pattern, it makes them super easy to apply if you only use one or a maximum of two panels.
Which one is your favorite?
Do you like it extravagant?
How about a mural or a bigger pattern to add some color to your RV? There are so many more pretty options, just pick the one that fits your RV and your color scheme.
Remove the wallpaper border first
If your RV has a wallpaper border, remove it. In most cases, you can just peel it off. In some cases, it will stick and is hard to remove. Then use warm water with a little detergent and apply it with a sponge on the border. Don’t make it too wet. You don’t want the wallpaper to come off too, just the wallpaper border.
Wipe over the wallpaper border a couple of times and then try to remove it again. It should come off now.
How do you apply wallpaper to a wall if you have never done it before? Here are the steps you need to take:
How to install peel-and-stick wallpapers in an RV?
It is actually pretty simple because the walls are not huge.
- First, you clean the wall. Make sure there is no dust or grease on the wall. Wipe it down with a damp cloth and with warm water and a little detergent.
- Wipe over the wall again and make sure there is no detergent left over. Do not use a lot of water because you don’t want to remove the wallpaper.
- Let the wall completely dry.
- Measure the height of the wall and add 2 inches to it.
- Transfer the measure onto the panel and draw a straight line using the level.
- Cut the panel using scissors.
- Start on top of the wall. If you don’t want to start all the way on top, make a straight line where your starting point is.
- Also, make a straight line with a level on one side to be sure the wallpaper is straight.
- Remove about 10 inches of the backing paper and stick the wallpaper at your starting point.
- Smooth the wallpaper down from the middle out in order to avoid wrinkles.
- Then slowly remove the next 10 inches of backing paper.
- Repeat until you are done.
- Use a clean cloth and wipe over the wallpaper again to make sure it adheres well to the wall.
- The wallpaper that is too long on the bottom of the wall has to be cut off.
- Use a utility knife to cut the wallpaper straight at the bottom of the wall.
What material do you need to apply wallpaper easily
You probably have most of the material at home.
- Scissors or utility knife
- Tape measure
- Smoothing tool
Are you looking for more ideas on how to update your RV without painting anything? Here are 5 more tips for you:
Camper Wallpaper Ideas
Here are some examples of how the wallpaper looks in an RV:
If you need more inspiration, on how to update a dated-looking RV easily, here is a guide with all the tips you need.
Need more information?
- How to paint camper walls and cabinets – Step by Step guide
- What you need to know when planning the perfect RV Road Trip
- Easy to make Valentines Day Decorations and Gift Ideas
- How to update lighting in your camper easily
- 9 best tips on how to stay cool inside your RV during summer
I hope to see you on the road. If you want to receive my weekly newsletter, leave your email address here:
Want to remember this article “Best peel and stick wallpapers for RV”? Pin this image to your favorite Pinterest board: