How to create a stunning look with different kinds of art work!
Do you sometimes wonder, how your room would look like with a different paint color? Or how it would look like if you just added some different accessories?
Do you sometimes wonder, how you could create a completely new vibe to your room? With just some little tweaks because you hate major renovations?
You wish you could change the look of your living room – but you don’t know where to start?
There are some easy ways to update a room, without spending a lot of money.
Here is the same room, with a different paint color and different accessories. Which room is most appealing to you?
- This room is kept in black, gray and white. Also the artwork is kept in black, gray and white. Here you have the opportunity to add whatever color you like with a few new accessories. If you stay neutral, you can change the vibe of this room whenever you feel like it with a couple of new accessories.
- How can you change this look? Add new pillows, a new throw, fresh flowers, and this room changes from neutral to colorful and happy.
- You love the feeling of the ocean, the sun, palm trees, the Caribbean? Here you go. Choose your wall color in a light green or turquoise, the sofa in a teal and add some yellow sprinkles of sun. This living room just makes you feel like you are on vacation, whatever time of the year it is. And you can easily change the colorful and sunny vibe of this room into a more calmer feeling by exchanging the table and the rug with a more subtle color.
- How can you change this look? Add a neutral rug, a wooden couch table and teal pillow cases and you bring this room from colorful and sunny into a more extravagant and calmer look.
- You like some color but not too much excitement in your room? Choose a neutral blue/gray wall color which fits perfectly to darker colors like this black couch, the dark art work and the rug. It actually lets the artwork pop because the wall color can not be found in the art work.
- How can you change this look? Add some colorful accessories, which can be exchanged easily, like pillows and a different rug. If you chose a focal point like this artwork, it is important that your wall color fits to the overall impression of the room.
Check out more ideas, how you can change the atmosphere in your home with different art work :
I love to display artwork in my house, because it is easy to exchange and changes the atmosphere of a room immediately.
This is how I decorate my living room in summer. As you can see, I like bright and sunny colors, like this art work from my friend Eva.
The only thing I exchange when decorating for the fall mood is the art work, I add a rug and some cozy accessories. Here is my favorite cow picture, which I use for the darker months. Instantly the atmosphere is more cozy.
And if you are interested to see the room without any artwork at all, take a look:
Looks pretty depressing, don’t you think so? Do you see how important it is, to have a focal point in a room which holds all your colors together.
If you like to display your art work it is important to have a neutral paint color to make your art work pop. Here are some good choices, if you like it neutral white/gray/beige.
Check out these paint colors, if you want to keep it neutral:
Accessible Beige SW7036 by Sherwin Williams: This is a warmer gray, it gives warmth to a room and has a great contrast with white trim.
Silver Tradition ICC-23 by Behr: This is a very neutral silver/gray, without the yellow in it which tends to make a room look old.
Revere Pewter HC-172 by Benjamin Moore: This is a warm gray and gives a great contrast to bold colors. Especially if you are thinking about creating an accent wall.
Paper White 1590 by Benjamin Moore: Is a white but has gray and blue undertones in it.
Repose Gray SW7015 by Sherwin Williams: A warm gray with a taupe undertone which fits perfectly to bright white trims.
Always get a sample of the paint color you chose and paint it on different walls. It is important that you look at the color patches during different times of the day, with sunlight and also with artificial light. Take your time when choosing a paint color, and stay away from yellow undertones. Often yellow undertones makes everything pretty outdated.
Also read https://colorfuldesigner.com/re-decorate-your-home-fast-and-easy/ if you need some more tips on decorating your home.