Did Christmas come totally by surprise and do you have no idea how to decorate your home or your RV? Last minute Christmas decorations on a budget make it easy to get in the spirit.
Here are three ultimate, easy, and cheap Christmas decorating ideas you need to know if you are on the lookout for a fast DIY:
Last minute Christmas decor on a budget
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. When you click these links I may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything, but it helps me to run this site. I only promote products and services that I think are great and helpful. Also, read my disclosure policy.
This is all you need: (If you want to order some decor, here are the links from Amazon).
- a branch (go to the woods and just pick one up)
- pine cones from the nearest pine tree
- twinkle lights with batteries
- a rope either pick a pretty robust one for a more rustic look or a thinner one
- stars you can also just cut them out from a cardboard or use some fancy paper
- Washi tape can add accents if you have some at home
Here is how you start:
Go on a nice walk in the woods and collect as much decor as you need. A branch, pine cones, wild berries, moss, whatever you find and you like to decorate with.
- Attach the rope to the branch. Decide how long the rope should be for where you want to hang it on. Wrap it around both ends of the branch so you can hang the branch on a nail.
- Depending on your color scheme, or if you want to keep it minimalistic or colorful, choose your decor for the branch.
- I added pine cones, wild berries, and handmade stars. You can attach the decor either with pins or use thread to hang it on the branch.
Here are some pictures of the wall hanging:
Last Minute Christmas Decor on a Budget (Table decor)
Another option is to get a garland or cut some greenery off a fir tree. Arrange it in a bowl, a wooden crate, or whatever you have available. Add candles and any cute Christmas decor you find. And don’t forget a pretty table cover.
This arrangement makes a great Christmas table decor for the Holidays.
You don’t have any space on a wall or table? How about decorating the ceiling?
Last minute Christmas Decor for your ceiling
This makes an amazing atmosphere in whatever room you want to decorate. Who says you need a tree to have an amazing Christmas feeling? How about decorating your kitchen ceiling for an absolute wow-effect?
Use a wire and wrap your greenery around it. The best to use are fir branches or similar. Then decide on your color scheme and add your ornaments in different lengths. Either select just one color or make it colorful – as you like.
You can also skip the ornaments and just hang all your Christmas Cards on the greenery for a more minimalist look. Punch a hole in your Christmas Cards and hang it up with a rope (for a more rustic look) or use thread for a more elegant look.
Use what you have available and what you like. And if you need more minimalist Christmas Decoration Ideas, you need to read this article
Last minute Christmas Decorations on a Budget
So that’s it. You don’t need to spend a lot of money but still have really pretty Christmas decorations that make your home look amazing. Try it out. No need to spend any money if you go walk in the woods and collect some treasures.
I wish you a Happy Christmas wherever you are celebrating.
Want to remember “Last minute Christmas Decorations on a budget?” Pin this image to your favorite Pinterest board: